Discipline and Termination: 10 Tips to Avoid Legal Trouble
Confronting employees to tell them their behavior is unacceptable, or that they're about to lose their job, is perhaps the most stressful part of any manager's job.
And what makes it worse is that disciplining or terminating someone the wrong way can get the organization in serious legal trouble.
This guide will help the managers and supervisors in your organization discipline employees in a fair and effective way, and safely terminate those who are unwilling to change their behavior.
Download now and get answers to questions such as:
- What should you consider when writing a progressive discipline policy to avoid future problems?
- How can you ensure that a written progressive discipline plan won’t alter at-will status?
- What do you need to document prior to termination to avoid any legal problems?
- Should you allow employees a rebuttal on written warning forms?
- What is the best way to handle an employee who verbally threatened a co-worker?
- What is the danger in firing an insubordinate employee on the spot?
- And much more.
Complete the form above and get your free ebook now!
Request your free ebook and join the B21 Preferred Customer list
for email updates about upcoming training webinars for your entire team.
Complete the form above and you're good to go.
Business 21 Training is a leading provider of webinars for executives, managers and supervisors. Download your report and we'll add you to our preferred customer list. As a member you'll receive email updates about our upcoming programs covering leadership & management, HR compliance, financial management and more. These events are perfect for individual learning and team training sessions.
Don't worry, if you ever decide our programs are not for you and your team, simply unsubscribe and we'll remove you from our list immediately.